Ashley Community Housing was established as a not for profit provider of housing and employment support for refugees and forced migrants less than ten years ago, largely by people from a refugee background themselves. We operate in the West of England sub region where it is headquartered, and in the West Midlands. We employ 60 staff and operate in the West of England and the West Midlands as a strategic partner for local authorities and government prime contractors.
Himilo Training, Ashley Community Housing’s (ACH) training subsidiary, is currently looking to appoint a Training Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the design and delivery of training courses across a number of contracts. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the management team of a successful organisation with ambitious growth plans and a track record of providing career progression.
This role would be suitable for an experienced curriculum Manager with a Work Based Learning or Further Education background able to design and deliver our #RethinkingRefugee of economic, social and civil integration programme. This will include the delivery of a programme of traineeships, apprenticeships and training both accredited and unaccredited from Pre E1 to L3.
The role is based in Bristol servicing current contracts but be prepared to travel around the South West and south Wales. To fully undertake the role applicants must have their own car and possess a full valid driving license. Occasional national travel is also required.
• To create relevant curriculum suitable for the learners with ESOL requirements and limited prior accredited learning in the UK.
• To be able to deliver training to L3 in at least one area relevant to our learners and maintain CPD in all areas relevant to the business.
• To create relationships with main contractors to maximise income from all contracts
• To work with the Business Development and Marketing Teams to create new products and secure new income
• To manage training team performance, whether permanent or contract to ensure delivery standards are to a level 2 OFSTED or better and that contracts are delivered to exceed negotiated targets.
• To work with trainers and awarding bodies to maintain relevant accreditation status
• Working with external providers to develop specialist courses that are cost-effective and delivered within budget and time limits.
• The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, have a team leading/supervisory background, be flexible and have the ability to manage their own time, work to targets and build successful relationships.
• An enhanced DBS will be required
• You’ll be a consummate professional, passionate about people development and focused upon delivering a high quality service
• To continually engage in professional development in terms of occupational competence and educational competence.
• Able to evaluate the effectiveness of training delivery and adapt as needed
• Maintain existing training material to keep it relevant and up to date and accessible across platforms and to ensure it is available across the business
• Conduct training needs analysis of our potential learners, analyse findings and produce recommendations as required
• Minimum 3 years relevant teaching experience and a training qualification/ essential, for example Level 3 Award in Learning and Development Essentials or Level 3 Certificate/Diploma in Learning and Development Practice.
• Qualifications and experience in teaching or lecturing in further education (FE) could be useful, as could skills assessor and/or verifier awards.
• The ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets
• Advanced IT skills and confident presentation skills
• Have experience and knowledge of developing provision a wide range of learners from pre E1 to Level 4, preferably including apprenticeships, traineeships and advanced learner loans.
• Hold previous experience in successfully managing target driven services within a high performance culture
• Be an experienced motivator and manager for performance within complex supply chains
• Have previous experience in business development and account management of key client and accounts for Work Based Learning
• Be experienced in maintaining and establishing relationships with all staff, stakeholders and partners internal and external of organizations
• Have experience of OFSTED and achieved a minimum of Grade 2
Please email your CV and covering letter to:
If want any additional information please feel free to email or telephone Nazim Hoque.
Nazim Hoque, Telephone Phone: 01179 540433