Job Purpose: To provide careers advice to National Careers Service customers using a variety of delivery methods and to support customer through to a job or learning outcome
Part-time (22.5 hours/3 days a week)
Salary range; £19,000.00 - £23,000.00 per annum (Dependant on CIAG Level 4 qualification/experience) pro rata.
Line Manager: NCS Team Leader
Location West Midlands – Birmingham and Wolverhampton
DBS Disclosure Satisfy completion of an Enhanced DBS check.
To comply with and understand Ashley Community Housing safeguarding policy and procedures and take action as appropriate in relation to children and vulnerable groups regarding matters of safety, protection and wellbeing.
• Provide careers advice to adults via a range of methods including face to face; telephone; email and other digital means to help them to achieve work or learning goals.
• Support customers to develop career management skills through a range of activities.
• Work with customers to support their progression into learning, work or work progression.
• Work with a variety of organisations to generate customer referrals to meet targets.
• Deliver advice services to meet personal and team targets.
• Record all interactions with customers on the MI database in a timely manner to meet contract deadlines.
• Operate from a variety of locations including Jobcentre Plus, training & education providers, community providers and local career hubs.
• Use and contribute to local, regional and national LMI to support customer progression in their career.
• Meet all standards for quality of service; safeguarding, information and data security, and any other to meet contract requirements.
• Represent and promote Ashley Community Housing services in a professional and commercial manner, working effectively with other agencies.
• Attend company meetings and training and liaise with staff at all levels.
• Ensure adherence to the company’s equalities and diversity policy and actively embed equality and diversity into careers advice.
• Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post.
• Experience in delivery of careers advice to adults, individually or in groups, employed and unemployed.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• High level of competency, effective operation and use of ICT including its wider application.
• Skilled and competent in delivering careers advice in a range of settings and through a range of delivery modes.
• Able to work as part of a careers service delivery team.
• Well organised, capable of working under pressure, meeting deadlines and managing own time effectively.
• Flexibility to work in different outreach locations.
• Satisfy completion of an enhanced DBS check.
• Able to work in a target driven environment, and ability to meet or exceed contract targets.
• Commitment to delivering quality services.
• An understanding of and commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
Education & Qualifications (Essential):
• Willing to undertake professional training to maintain standards.
• Hold as a minimum, Level 4 Diploma in Careers Information and Advice or NVQ 4 in Advice & Guidance or equivalent.
Important: In order to be considered for this role please include CV and a covering letter giving details of how you meet the role criteria.
Please email your CV and covering letter to:
If want any additional information please feel free to email or telephone Julia Palmer.
0117 941 5339